The WEA Online Conferences, designed by Edward Fullbrook and Grazia Ietto-Gillies, makes full use of the digital technologies in the pursuit of the commitments included in the World Economics Association Manifesto: plurality, reality and relevance, diversity, openness and ethical conduct.
The current WEA Conference Monetary Policy after the Global Crisis marks the tenth anniversary of the greatest recession after 1929-33. The aims of this conference include discussing key theoretical insights in order:
- To provide a framework for improving monetary policy practices.
- To review and advance knowledge on the recent financial crisis regarding the main challenges and prospects of central banking.
- To particularly survey and discuss the use of Divisia monetary aggregates and their potential role to address central bank challenges economic vulnerabilities.
Therefore, our main goal is to establish a global forum for confronting of the opposite views about
- the causes and consequences of the Great Crisis.
- the current challenges to central banking.
- the role of proper money aggregation in preventing of the future economic slowdowns.
In sum, the conference aims to survey and discuss the recent theoretical advances in monetary tools, goals and policies, along with the latest empirical research findings. Indeed, this Conference will be one of the first which, in an extensive manner, tackles the problem of monetary aggregation after the Great crisis.
The WEA Online Conferences seek to also engage readers and commentators all around the world considering: (a) the variety of theoretical perspectives; (b) the range of human activities and issues which fall within the broad domain of economics; and (c) the study of the world’s diverse economies; (d) the increasing relevance of the adoption and use of online discussion forums.
Students, academics and professionals who are interested in policy challenges can read the Key-note papers of Daniel L. Thornton, Rakesh Bissoondeeal and Jane Binner in addition to other interesting contributions organized in the following Conference Sessions:
- Divisia Monetary Aggregates and Contemporary Monetary Challenges
- Divisia Monetary Aggregates: Prospects and Future Research Potential
- Finance and Growth: Changes and Transformation
To visit the Discussion Forum works, click http://monetarypolicy2018.weaconferences.net/papers/.
Please first register to this OPEN ACCESS Conference in order to get your e-certificate!
The Discussion Forum closes on March 15th. During the following weeks, we cordially invite you to visit the conference’s website, where you can read and download the conference papers, leave comments, and engage in discussion.